San Francisco, CA – June 25, 2013 – TRUSTe, the leading global data privacy management company, today announced that it is the first approved Accountability Agent for the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Cross Border Privacy Rules (CBPR) System. The APEC CBPR System is a self-regulatory initiative that addresses cross border data flows between the United States and other APEC Member Economies, through voluntary and enforceable codes of conduct adopted by participating businesses.
- Singapore Recognises APEC CBPR and PRP Certifications as One of the Modes for Transfer of Data Overseas
- Key Building Blocks for Effective Privacy and Data Protection in the Global Digital Economy
- Chinese Taipei has become a formal member of the APEC CBPR system
- APEC Cross Border Privacy Rules – Australia’s participation
- APEC and EU Discuss Interoperability Between Data Transfer Mechanisms