TRUSTe, the leading global data privacy management company and the first approved Accountability Agent for the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Cross Border Privacy Rules (CBPR) System, announced today that two additional companies have achieved APEC Certification through TRUSTe. This follows the announcement last Thursday by the FTC, together with agency officials from the European Union and APEC economies, with the ultimate goal of helping businesses transfer data around the world in a safe way in compliance with global privacy frameworks.
- Singapore Recognises APEC CBPR and PRP Certifications as One of the Modes for Transfer of Data Overseas
- Key Building Blocks for Effective Privacy and Data Protection in the Global Digital Economy
- Chinese Taipei has become a formal member of the APEC CBPR system
- APEC Cross Border Privacy Rules – Australia’s participation
- APEC and EU Discuss Interoperability Between Data Transfer Mechanisms