ARMONK, N.Y. – 12 Aug 2013: IBM (NYSE:IBM) today announced that it is the first company to achieve certification under the new Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Cross Border Privacy Rules (CBPR) system. The CBPR system was developed to establish consistent privacy protections for individuals — regardless of where their personal information is processed across the APEC region.
- Singapore Recognises APEC CBPR and PRP Certifications as One of the Modes for Transfer of Data Overseas
- Key Building Blocks for Effective Privacy and Data Protection in the Global Digital Economy
- Chinese Taipei has become a formal member of the APEC CBPR system
- APEC Cross Border Privacy Rules – Australia’s participation
- APEC and EU Discuss Interoperability Between Data Transfer Mechanisms