On February 22, 2017, the Federal Trade Commission announced that it had reached settlement agreements (“the Proposed Agreements”) with three U.S. companies charged with deceiving consumers about their participation in the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Cross-Border Privacy Rules (“APEC CBPR”) system.
- Singapore Recognises APEC CBPR and PRP Certifications as One of the Modes for Transfer of Data Overseas
- Key Building Blocks for Effective Privacy and Data Protection in the Global Digital Economy
- Chinese Taipei has become a formal member of the APEC CBPR system
- APEC Cross Border Privacy Rules – Australia’s participation
- APEC and EU Discuss Interoperability Between Data Transfer Mechanisms